Friday, November 23, 2007

You're hot, computer.

My pet peeve is bloggers who think they have an audience or following when they clearly don't. I hold no such illusions, clearly, since I know that about 3 people actually read this.

(Disclaimer: Jamie Hart, don't read on, it's about computers :)

Well, I'm going to go out on a hypocritical limb here and assume one of you three recall my post about water cooling my computer. Here are some numbers that are marginally interesting for you.

I hung my radiator out the window tonight:

@3.8GHz, 1.38V (core)

Temperature right now: -7 °C (don't panic, the fluid is at least 10% glycol)
CPU Temperature at 100% utilization WITH fans going: 33°C
CPU Temperature at 100% utilization WITHOUT fans going: 50°C
CPU Temperature with no load: 15°C

No comments: